CJ
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug Founder

Website Migration
10.12.09 at 02:38:28
Print Post  
Hi folks,

We're currently in the process of migrating the entire site, forum, and reboot site to another host with a new domain name. We will be probably be cancelling this domain and will definatly be cancelling our contract with our pathetic hosting company streamline.co.uk.

Why? Well, they have on numerous occasions just deleted files from our directories, both with and without any notice. They charge excessivly for simple things like adding a password to a webfolder. Their 100% uptime is more like 80%. Download speeds from the FTP are routinely as low as 3k/sec and sometimes lower, with constant disconnects, and their support team are untrained chimps.

So, what does this mean for you? Well, we hope just a change of domain name. For us it means moving to a host where we have 100% complete control over the hosting platform, which should make things a lot easier for us (and maybe even the return of the archives!)

We're not claiming our new host will be available 100%, or even be consistantly faster for everyone, but the price point is unbeatable (free!) Smiley

Anyway, please stay with us over the following weeks. We're hoping for a smooth transition, but there might be a few bumps in the road.

CJ / D-Bug.

"With only one button, even drooling fucktards like Kizza can play our game!"

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: Website Migration
Reply #1 - 10.12.09 at 15:23:59
Print Post  
Hi guys,

It seems our hopes were in vain: we now may be facing immediate deletion from Streamline (great guys!), so I've taken immediate action and migrated the forum to our new place:

Hit http://d-bug.mooo.com/YaBB.pl to be transfered to our new home, if you're not already there. I'll change the redirector and post that message there as well.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON http://forum.dbug-automation.co.uk HERE ANYMORE - IT WILL BE DELETED!!!

I hope 99% of the stuff is working on the new location. However, if you have any problems regarding the forum please email me personally at ggn [at] atari [dot] org and I'll do my best to fix it!

Also, all the email addresses on the dbug-automation server will go down as well, so don't bother emailing there (ggn@, cj@, shw@, info@) - we'll try to get new mailboxes ASAP. Again, please use the email I gave above if you want to contact us for any reason!

...over and out - STREAMLINE.NET SUCKS!!!!
« Last Edit: 12.12.09 at 14:27:50 by ggn »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top