Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Did anyone ever try uprating SCART to HDMI ? (Read 272 times)
Felice
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Did anyone ever try uprating SCART to HDMI ?
01.01.11 at 00:40:03
Print Post  
I decided to try a little experiment and ended up buying, via a well-known site, a device which allegedly purports to uprate RGB scart signals to HDMI, so the signal can be fed into the HDMI port of a TV, giving a higher resolution.

Unfortunately this didn't work too well with my Falcon. What I got was a distorted screen that buzzed and wasn't stable at all. I'm not quite sure if the scart lead (Falc-scart direct) is having a problem, as it works fine with the scart connection on my TV; however, having seen the clearer pic which my PS3 gives via the HDMI socket, I wanted to view the Falcon in a similar resolution.

The device apparently works with the Dreamcast and PS2 / older consoles, which I've not yet personally tried but will do as I've got a Dreamcast in my collection, along with a PS2 and other odds and ends ...

It'd be interesting to hear if any of you guys have had similar experiences ...

Cheers,

Rich

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: Did anyone ever try uprating SCART to HDMI ?
Reply #1 - 01.01.11 at 10:29:47
Print Post  
If your TV supports VGA in, try using that instead of HDMI. Other than some smoothing/bluring of the image (which won't lead to any better image) I can't think of any benefits of using it. Also, why not plugging the SCART lead direct to TV?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top