Buggy Boy on TT030 (Read 1261 times)
skeezix
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Buggy Boy on TT030
06.01.11 at 03:39:21
Print Post  
hey guys,

I'm trying to revive an old TT030; still not sure if its floppy drive is bad or needing cleaning, or floppies are bad, or patched binary is bad; too many unknowns Smiley

Is there an easy way to know which patched bins are expected to work on a TT? I understand that they're patched to work on Falcon, but TT is less friendly? Or shoudl most work?

I tried Buggy Boy freshly downloaded; loaded okay.

(I started it from ST Low, not sure if they're kocher with starting from TT higher resolutions.)

- menu is okay
- started a game, some graphic glitches (trees were all fubar, most was okay.) Not sure if this is due to TT, bad patching on TT, bad floppy, etc.
- game ran fast, too fast to be playable; that definately sounds like issue with being 32mhz cpu or something.. perhaps if I downclock (can a TT do that? Smiley

Any ideas?

jeff

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: Buggy Boy on TT030
Reply #1 - 06.01.11 at 16:30:26
Print Post  
Hello,

skeezix wrote on 06.01.11 at 03:39:21:
hey guys,

I'm trying to revive an old TT030; still not sure if its floppy drive is bad or needing cleaning, or floppies are bad, or patched binary is bad; too many unknowns Smiley

Is there an easy way to know which patched bins are expected to work on a TT? I understand that they're patched to work on Falcon, but TT is less friendly? Or shoudl most work?

Like I mentioned here, most stuff we released from May 2007 onwards work on the TT. The patches page usually has comments for each game regarding compatibility. The best thing I would suggest would be to try them for yourself though.

skeezix wrote on 06.01.11 at 03:39:21:
I tried Buggy Boy freshly downloaded; loaded okay.

(I started it from ST Low, not sure if they're kocher with starting from TT higher resolutions.)

- menu is okay
- started a game, some graphic glitches (trees were all fubar, most was okay.) Not sure if this is due to TT, bad patching on TT, bad floppy, etc.
- game ran fast, too fast to be playable; that definately sounds like issue with being 32mhz cpu or something.. perhaps if I downclock (can a TT do that? Smiley

Any ideas?

jeff

I tried it from my TT. I run it from tt-med. No graphic glitches whatsoever. And yes, the game runs a bit fast - try turning off caches (I think they're off by default on my loading screen).

I really don't know what to suggest here :/. If it's a transfer problem, you might want to copy a large text file over to the tt, and open it to see if there is any corruption. Don't forget to try it with different floppy disks, as they can prove very unreliable (ghostlink or ethernet is the only way to be 100% sure of a transfer of course).

Plus, I can always suggest the usual stuff of reducing caches on your hard disk driver (This post will help you if you have hddriver: http://d-bug.mooo.com/dbugforums/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1175190295), disabling all acc/auto folder programs and so on.

Also, try other games to see what happens. Let us know - I hope you sort it out in the end Smiley

IP Logged

skeezix
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Re: Buggy Boy on TT030
Reply #2 - 07.01.11 at 02:12:17
Print Post  
I'm waiting for an ultra satan to arrive, which ought to make life easier; null modem (or SL/IP over null modem) may work, or getting a netusbee .. but we'll see. Someone I know just pulled a Mega ST out of their basement and apparently I'm the local trash, so they';re slinging it my way ... and I suspedct they have an external floppy drive, so that may help as well. All PITA, but I'll sort it out and let you know Smiley

Thanks,

jeff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top