Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
some notes about your work:) (Read 291 times)
mikro
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

some notes about your work:)
05.10.07 at 09:01:14
Print Post  
hi guys,

i always forget to mail you so i do it here before i forget again :) i've got two "problems" with your nice work:

1. you don't include any docs or description to your cracks/falconized games -- so I've got let's say 50 titles like SB-030.TOS and I can only guess what game it is. Second thing is you sometimes publish some tricks or hints how to run some game on the web only. My solution is to download also the web page itself which is pretty lame :)

2. i don't understand the logic behind some releases -- it seems you take the nearest DD floppy, patch games on it and release. In this way we have many and many totally lame game titles fixed for falcon. Why not to choose some target? Let's say -- patch top 100 st games or something like that. imagine what happens when you leave -- there will be sooo much cool games still unpatched but on the other side our hdd will be filled with tons of patched crap games...

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: some notes about your work:)
Reply #1 - 05.10.07 at 10:23:09
Print Post  
mikro wrote on 05.10.07 at 09:01:14:
hi guys,

Hi and welcome Smiley

1. you don't include any docs or description to your cracks/falconized games -- so I've got let's say 50 titles like SB-030.TOS and I can only guess what game it is. Second thing is you sometimes publish some tricks or hints how to run some game on the web only. My solution is to download also the web page itself which is pretty lame Smiley

Hmm we could do that, but we don't want to rip other people's efforts. We'll look into that. Our Falcons have a folder for each fixed game, so we kind of find what we want.

2. i don't understand the logic behind some releases -- it seems you take the nearest DD floppy, patch games on it and release. In this way we have many and many totally lame game titles fixed for falcon. Why not to choose some target? Let's say -- patch top 100 st games or something like that. imagine what happens when you leave -- there will be sooo much cool games still unpatched but on the other side our hdd will be filled with tons of patched crap games...

Well, what are your fav games? We have a wish list thread, but it seems out of order for now Sad. I'll try to restore it from backups this afternoon. As for the selection... well, we remember a game and we say "How would that one perform on a faster machine?" and we set out to find out Smiley
« Last Edit: 05.10.07 at 10:43:20 by ggn »  

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #2 - 06.10.07 at 10:56:00
Print Post  
Well, just got around to fixing the wish list thread: here you go!

IP Logged

Shw
D-Bug member

D-Bug member

Reply #3 - 06.10.07 at 14:37:11
Print Post  
[quote author=mikro link=1191574874/0#0 date=1191574874]hi guys,
2. i don't understand the logic behind some releases -- it seems you take the nearest DD floppy, patch games on it and release. In this way we have many and many totally lame game titles fixed for falcon. Why not to choose some target? Let's say -- patch top 100 st games or something like that. imagine what happens when you leave -- there will be sooo much cool games still unpatched but on the other side our hdd will be filled with tons of patched crap games...[/quote]

Mikro, I usually patch games that [b]I[/b] like. Maybe you don't though  ;)
Although I do take the odd request (like Stunt Car Racer), so please request.

Shw

IP Logged

CJ
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug Founder

Reply #4 - 07.10.07 at 10:34:59
Print Post  
[quote author=mikro link=1191574874/0#0 date=1191574874]1. you don't include any docs or description to your cracks/falconized games -- so I've got let's say 50 titles like SB-030.TOS and I can only guess what game it is. Second thing is you sometimes publish some tricks or hints how to run some game on the web only. My solution is to download also the web page itself which is pretty lame :)[/quote]

I'm sorry.  I thought people clicked them and played them.  It's pretty lame to download them and not even look at what they are.  Have you tried "rename" ? :)

[quote author=mikro link=1191574874/0#0 date=1191574874]
2. i don't understand the logic behind some releases -- it seems you take the nearest DD floppy, patch games on it and release. In this way we have many and many totally lame game titles fixed for falcon. Why not to choose some target? Let's say -- patch top 100 st games or something like that. imagine what happens when you leave -- there will be sooo much cool games still unpatched but on the other side our hdd will be filled with tons of patched crap games...[/quote]

Well, don't download the ones you don't like - problem solved :P  Or, like GGN said - give us a wish list.
« Last Edit: 07.10.07 at 10:40:11 by CJ »  

"With only one button, even drooling fucktards like Kizza can play our game!"

IP Logged

mikro
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #5 - 11.10.07 at 09:02:53
Print Post  
it's not about wasting my time -- of course it's no problem to ignore games I don't like I just fear my hdd will be filled with unimportant games and one day, when you all say to yourself it's enough a lot of great titles (in my point of view) will be "lost"... but as you say, everyone has different top 100 :)

wishlist: thanks for the link, i'll add there something for sure

renaming: yes that's nice but when you write e.g. about another world's running method i have to download that page or make separate txt and... ok ok you're lazy too ;-)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top