Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Problems in MSTE... (Read 1769 times)
The Wall
Ex Member

Problems in MSTE...
28.02.07 at 19:25:16
Print Post  
Hi, people of D-Bug...

I downloaded the last ultimate package for Falcon (1943,gold of Aztecs,Mouse trap...) and nope loading in my machine (MSTE) , excepts Gold of Aztecs game...Don'T compatible  with last packge with MSTE? Ahhh...I'm living in Brazil and here a few information of wonderful world of STs...
Thanks for all...
Marcello

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: Problems in MSTE...
Reply #1 - 28.02.07 at 20:02:00
Print Post  
Hi there,

we tried all the games on our MSTEs, so we assumed that they were ok.

Can you give us more info? What TOS does your machine has? How much mem? Does it have a hard drive installed? If yes, what hard driver are you using? Did you try loading the games without loading the harddisk driver?

IP Logged

The Wall
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 28.02.07 at 22:19:29
Print Post  
Hi, friend...

Yeah!! I have a HDD in my MSTE and i using a AHDI 5.0 because HDDriver (so, i have 7.5 version) don't  load SELTOS (returns a previously TOS versions)...My actual TOS version is 2.05 USA...Do you knows if this TOS version occurs problems with disk menus? Thanks again...

IP Logged

The Wall
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 28.02.07 at 22:22:48
Print Post  
I forget...My MSTE have 4 Mb of RAM...

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #4 - 01.03.07 at 08:54:45
Print Post  
Hmm, I see.

I think that shw has ahdi on his mste, yet all games work on his machine. He has TOS 2.06 though... CJ's machine has 2.05 and loads all stuff without problems (as far as I know)

Ok, try these suggestions in the order I write them.

a) Try DISABLING completely AHDI (press alt while booting if I'm correct). By this I mean that AHDI must not be loaded at all. Then load a game from floppy.
b) If (a) works then try disabling your accesories and auto folder programs, one by one. There is a big chance that you use something that mucks up our patches.

Now that I think of it, you're using SELTOS??? Sounds like the problem. This program loads TOS into RAM, usually in the highest memory area possible (at least that's my guess), and makes the machine use it. Now that's fine, except from the fact that we trash the high memory area Smiley

So, load the games with ahdi disabled. If they load then disable SELTOS and try loading the games from HDD.

Hope this helps...

IP Logged

The Wall
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01.03.07 at 19:32:42
Print Post  
Hi again, friends...In special, greetings for a GGN...

Yeah!!! I play ALL the instalable games...This problem was a conflict with MAccel Accelerator mouse...So, i retired of AUTO folder and...BINGO!!! Loaded ALL the games...
Thank very so much...
Best regards,
Marcello

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #6 - 01.03.07 at 22:25:49
Print Post  
Smiley

Happy to hear good news from you!

I guess we'll have to make a sticky post with general "do"s and "don't"s regarding on this subject.
« Last Edit: 01.03.07 at 22:26:13 by ggn »  

IP Logged

jens
RoMzkiddiEz

High on the wire

Reply #7 - 25.04.07 at 13:37:33
Print Post  
I may add here that one can disable loading anything apart from the hard disk driver by pressing ctrl in order to use the hard drive but keep the auto-folder, acc's and the newdesk.inf (which might contain an auto-load app).
« Last Edit: 25.04.07 at 13:38:15 by jens »  

Greetings, Jens
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top