Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 25 Introduce yourselves! (Read 2223 times)
ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Introduce yourselves!
09.03.07 at 08:38:32
Print Post  
This forum is running for about 15 days now, and I've seen the registered members count going up slowly but steadily! I see 47 registered users, though few have actually posted something, plus I don't reckognize most of the nicknames there.

So, please, tell us something about yourselves! Who are you, your involvement with Atari 16/32 computers, why you signed up for this forum... you know, the usual stuff Smiley

I guess you know us, if you don't just read our web page for more info Smiley

Your turn!

(P.S. another reason is that because I think we're getting attention from spambots, so if you post at least here then we'll know that you are a human person Smiley )
« Last Edit: 09.03.07 at 10:12:13 by ggn »  

IP Logged

Christos
Distributor
Reboot Member

D-BUGer

Re: Introduce yourselves!
Reply #1 - 09.03.07 at 17:32:48
Print Post  
I am Christos and I am not a spambot!
Other than that... I am one of the 8 Greek atari users I know of and I have a falcon that desperately needs good games for some quality playtime...I guess that answers your 3rd question Wink
I guess, I haven't got much more to say...

IP Logged

mouse_master
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #2 - 09.03.07 at 17:49:23
Print Post  
Hi all....  KeithS/mouse_master here (depending on where you see me).....

In the past, ran a BBS in the USA called The Thieves Guild, mainly trading stuff, nothing really useful, except getting items into the US, this was my handle then.  I think it ran from 1989 to almost 1996, can't remember.

More recently, well, still not doing much.  I helped SHW track done a couple of Automation disks and supplied an uncracked game....  Most of the stuff I have done has been geared towards MiNT/CT60.  Working on the Atari port of ScummVM.  Ported SVN (at least working enough for me to use with ScummVM) to MiNT.  Working on GCC 4.1.2 for MiNT right now....

Other than that, just another lamer  Smiley

IP Logged

karlm
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #3 - 16.03.07 at 02:41:33
Print Post  
karlm

ROM kiddie Smiley

Been watching the scene for many, many, years, back when LSD/Was Not Was started the whole menu thing on the ST.  Contributions?  Not much, just one of those people who loves collecting information ...

Still love the real hardware, the emulators are good, but not the same experience.  Can everyone remember when you saw the latest demo and went 'how did they get that out of the ST?'

oh, and I'm not a SPAMbot, not so sure about RetroGamer thought ... Smiley

IP Logged

RetroGamerUK
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 19.03.07 at 16:18:43
Print Post  
karlm wrote on 16.03.07 at 02:41:33:
oh, and I'm not a SPAMbot, not so sure about RetroGamer thought ... Smiley

Eheh, why you liddle....  I have been called worse Smiley
Romkiddy is a bit harsh though, I think I more deserve the title "Senior Romkiddie", or even "Romgrownup" would be ok,  owing to my many years of collecting countless game images that I will never actually play.

Oh yeah the introduction, here goes:
Hello everyone, to those who don't already know me I am RetroGamerUK, been into the ST for years, I am a great fan and good friend of the fabulous D-Bug (hi guys Wink ) and many of the other crews.
I own some real STs, I am into ST games mainly although some demos a cool, I ermm thats it. Cheesy

« Last Edit: 19.03.07 at 16:21:14 by »  

IP Logged

StingRay
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 19.03.07 at 16:46:43
Print Post  
ggn wrote on 09.03.07 at 08:38:32:
Who are you, your involvement with Atari 16/32 computers

I find that highly discriminating. Sad I am not allowed to write anything. Sad On the other hand, it saves me time. Tongue

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #6 - 19.03.07 at 21:15:00
Print Post  
StingRay_ wrote on 19.03.07 at 16:46:43:
Who are you, your involvement with Atari 16/32 computers

I find that highly discriminating. Sad I am not allowed to write anything. Sad On the other hand, it saves me time. Tongue

Well, even if your involvment with Atari computers is coding f**ktros for them on Amiga, it's still involvement Wink Anyway, what sort of questions would you expect? Smiley

On another note, I find it deeply touching that such an anti-atarian has joined this forum and even took the time to post Cheesy
« Last Edit: 19.03.07 at 21:17:04 by ggn »  

IP Logged

Saviour
Distributor

/|\ ATARI Freak

Reply #7 - 06.04.07 at 12:14:33
Print Post  
Hey there!

Shame on me, i didn´t introduce myself here yet, but i must admit i was a bit too lazy. But i hope you will forgive me, as i already introduced myself at www.atari-forum.com.

So, i am a Retrogamer from good ol´ Germany who owns an Atari STfm, with which i grew up and i still love to play with. My other love (I hope my Girlfriend doesn´t read this Wink ) is my Atari Falcon030 with my brand new PhantomS Accelerator, built in by Petr at the Atariada 2007 meeting held in the Czech Republic (Nice place to be, by the way! Smiley )

I prefer to play on real hardware, as karlm already mentioned, Emulators are a nice thing, but the experience is different.
I thank you guys at D-Bug so much to feed my Falcon with good ol´ stuff from the good ol´ times...Backwards is a good program, but not that compatible. Smiley

My favorite games on Atari are Gods, Lemmings, Lethal Xcess, Wings Of Death, Amberstar (Shame that Thalion didn´t finish converting Ambermoon to ST Sad ), Turrican I+II, StoneAge, Elite II - Frontier, Dungeon Master. I think there are some more, but i can´t remember them now, but i guess you have a little impression "who" i am. Sort of.

So, nothing more for me to say...but:
Stay cool, stay /|\ !

Andreas aka Saviour

- /|\ ATARI Falcon030 with PhantomS - TOS 4.04 - 68882 FPU - 14 MB RAM - 800 MB internal IDE Harddisk - External CD-ROM - MagiC 6.2 - Jinnee 2.01 - NVDI 5.01 - HD Driver 8.13

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #8 - 07.04.07 at 18:40:36
Print Post  
Saviour wrote on 06.04.07 at 12:14:33:
So, i am a Retrogamer from good ol´ Germany who owns an Atari STfm, with which i grew up and i still love to play with. My other love (I hope my Girlfriend doesn´t read this Wink ) is my Atari Falcon030 with my brand new PhantomS Accelerator, built in by Petr at the Atariada 2007 meeting held in the Czech Republic (Nice place to be, by the way! Smiley )

Hi there,

I ordered a phantomS the minute I heard of it! But after about 1 month I got a mail from Petr basically saying that he'd like to make it more stable before producing it. Has he managed it then? Is your PhantomS behaving ok?

IP Logged

Saviour
Distributor

/|\ ATARI Freak

Reply #9 - 07.04.07 at 18:50:18
Print Post  
My PhantomS is behaving okay, yes. Petr managed to build about 5 PhantomS for the Atariada Meeting, and he didn´t say that it´s unstable.
I am using it with the Nemesis Drivers now (until i get the Phantom Drivers for it) and the only problem i had was that my 14MB Memory made some graphic issues (green dots blinking on the screen) with the 25MHz Bus but Petr gave me another Memory Module (MacFalcon and me were sleeping at his home in Prague) from his stock and now it´s running fine. And games like Elite II or Crown Of Creation 3D just rock with the PhantomS!

Hope i could help,
Saviour
« Last Edit: 07.04.07 at 18:50:50 by Saviour »  

- /|\ ATARI Falcon030 with PhantomS - TOS 4.04 - 68882 FPU - 14 MB RAM - 800 MB internal IDE Harddisk - External CD-ROM - MagiC 6.2 - Jinnee 2.01 - NVDI 5.01 - HD Driver 8.13

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #10 - 07.04.07 at 22:37:52
Print Post  
Indeed you did help! I'll e-mail Petr and ask him about it Smiley

IP Logged

jens
RoMzkiddiEz

High on the wire

Reply #11 - 23.04.07 at 08:22:54
Print Post  
Hi.
I'm an Atarian from Hannover, Germany.
Used to hang around in a lot of Atari forums but lately haven't had too much time for that.

I'm contributing to the scene mostly by killing spam out of the Atari-Home news notifications atm...
I'd rather like to put news onto the website but I don't think people want to read that spam... Wink
Also discussing with Johannes how to make the page better.

I'm the guy that ggn will get a TT from as soon as I manage to get it over to him - seems it'll finally work at Outline which I intend to visit together with simonsunnyboy.

Greetings, Jens
IP Logged

Snoopy
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #12 - 27.04.07 at 22:48:53
Print Post  
hello,
snoopy the hacker that never hacked, put my name in the 3d loader of another world! picked up a copy of st doctor, diamond edge.
tracking since menu 69 medway boys.
i just love staring at starfields. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . .... . . . ..
made some demo'z and menu fronts.
getting some dsp coding books.
as i have a table with a wonky leg.
Here to keep in touch.??! Making sure 030 is busy.

spectrum ste lynx falcon xe 2600
music coding some gfx. uk

IP Logged

Neilos888
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 30.04.07 at 16:43:46
Print Post  
Hello.

I love the ST had one for years. I believe you can't beat real ST hardware. But i have just bought a gp2x and got an ST emulator for it. Really pleased to see D-Bug still going Smiley

Atari STFM1040, STE4MB, GP2x with emulator

IP Logged

tobe
RoMzkiddiEz

Des filles ! Des filles
!

Reply #14 - 13.05.07 at 14:11:12
Print Post  
Hi ppl,

Well, I'm Tobé from MJJ.
I'm coding things for STE computers, sometimes...

Happy to join another forum Smiley

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #15 - 14.05.07 at 17:45:36
Print Post  
tobe wrote on 13.05.07 at 14:11:12:
Hi ppl,

Well, I'm Tobé from MJJ.
I'm coding things for STE computers, sometimes...

Happy to join another forum Smiley

Hi Tobe!!!! Nice to have you here Smiley

You were missed at Outline  Sad

IP Logged

tobe
RoMzkiddiEz

Des filles ! Des filles
!

Reply #16 - 16.05.07 at 10:47:06
Print Post  
Unfortunatly I went back to france before Outline... A pity if you remember that I was in Dusseldorf Smiley
But well, I'm not going to complain, I love my job Wink
Maybe next year !

IP Logged

DoctorVell
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 29.05.07 at 15:42:24
Print Post  
This forum is running for about 15 days now, and I've seen the registered members count going up slowly but steadily! I see 47 registered users, though few have actually posted something, plus I don't reckognize most of the nicknames there.

So, please, tell us something about yourselves! Who are you, your involvement with Atari 16/32 computers, why you signed up for this forum... you know, the usual stuff Smiley

I guess you know us, if you don't just read our web page for more info Smiley

Your turn!

(P.S. another reason is that because I think we're getting attention from spambots, so if you post at least here then we'll know that you are a human person Smiley )

Well, here is the information on who I am.

I am known as Doctor Vell online, even though that is not my real name.  I have been using Atari computers since 1981 with my first Atari 800 and eventually grew into the ST series.  I once had an Atari 520ST preproduction model with the serial number of #00034 hand written on it along with the signature of one of the Tramiel boys (can't remember who).  It eventually died on me, but it was a great piece of hardware.  I then obtained an Atari 1040STe with a whole 4mb of RAM.  I was thrilled.  I still have that machine but it is at my parents in another part of the country.  I hope to have it hooked up again sometime, but I don't know when.

I never got an Atari TT030 or a Falcon, even though I wanted them.  But now all I use is STEEM on my Windows machine.  I want to eventually get all the D-Bug, Automatation,  and Pompey Pirates stuff (along with all the other Atari archives, complete if all possible) on this machine and then installed on my Atari too (but need a hard drive I believe and lots of CDs too).

Oh I joined to talk to other Atari ST series computer users and hopefully connect and get some stuff.  Thanks

Cya!

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #18 - 29.05.07 at 16:21:06
Print Post  
DoctorVell wrote on 29.05.07 at 15:42:24:
Well, here is the information on who I am.

I am known as Doctor Vell online, even though that is not my real name.  I have been using Atari computers since 1981 with my first Atari 800 and eventually grew into the ST series.  I once had an Atari 520ST preproduction model with the serial number of #00034 hand written on it along with the signature of one of the Tramiel boys (can't remember who).  It eventually died on me, but it was a great piece of hardware.  I then obtained an Atari 1040STe with a whole 4mb of RAM.  I was thrilled.  I still have that machine but it is at my parents in another part of the country.  I hope to have it hooked up again sometime, but I don't know when.

I never got an Atari TT030 or a Falcon, even though I wanted them.  But now all I use is STEEM on my Windows machine.  I want to eventually get all the D-Bug, Automatation,  and Pompey Pirates stuff (along with all the other Atari archives, complete if all possible) on this machine and then installed on my Atari too (but need a hard drive I believe and lots of CDs too).

Oh I joined to talk to other Atari ST series computer users and hopefully connect and get some stuff.  Thanks

Cya!

Welcome to our forum then!

I just wanted to say that you should get some ataris, especially the ST/Es are cheap these days. You should be able to buy some and experience the games on real hardware (much better Smiley)

IP Logged

DoctorVell
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 29.05.07 at 22:08:04
Print Post  
Well my problem is that most of the hardware that I've seen is over in Europe not in the states (where I live) but I'm still going to eventually get my Atari STe out of storage at my parents house and have it hooked up.  But what I really want to do is have ALL the archives from all the various sources and have them run on it.  I don't have much real software for it though Angry but hope to again someday.

IP Logged

mr.sam
RoMzkiddiEz

Atarian

Reply #20 - 08.09.07 at 23:02:26
Print Post  
hi, I'm mr.sam

my Atari owner history: VCS 2600 -> Atari 600 XL ->Atari 520 STF. All hardware still alive.

Trying to keep my Atari page up to date.  Smiley
(disk info from: Automation - Cynix - D-Bug - FoF - Superior - Medway Boys - Pompey Pirates - POV)
« Last Edit: 08.09.07 at 23:04:41 by mr.sam »  

power without the price
http://atari.h2nob.de
IP Logged

falkn
RoMzkiddiEz

Anybody seen my car keys?

Reply #21 - 27.10.07 at 07:51:05
Print Post  
Amazing how the ATARI crowd keeps breathing life into the funnest computer ever made.
Go here to meet more of the crowd: http://www.ataritimes.com/ ; and tell Greg "falkn sent me."
He is one of the finest and most intelligent Atari fanatics you will ever find.

Who is falkn?
I am former owner/operator of "A-Online Atari" in Tampa, Florida. USA
Although I closed in 1996, I still retain much original software in the shop.
Yes, i still have the shop and everything is still in place much as the day I ceased operation.
I built a sizable Public Domain library from submissions from around the globe.
It was my pleasure to meet Atari users such as BERTIE HIGGINS and ROBIN ZANDER over the phone.
I met many users from around the world personally such as the band T-RIDE and Juan Gonzalez who became road manager for MORBID ANGEL, HATE ETERNAL and even toured with BLACK SABBATH!
Gloria Estefan sent a member of her horn section to me from an ORLANDO tour stop when their
ATARI SM124 monitor took a nosedive.
GREG, (Mentioned above) went by the name FRUITMAN and donated some of his personally authored games to the A-Online PD library.
I have still, the rare JVC Atari color monitor with built in floppy drive among many other Atari rarities.
I just ran out to the shop to grab a few forgotten items within reach.
How many have seen the elusive "Dragons Lair 3 (Cuse of Mordread) or Dragons Lair 4 (Escape from Singes Castle)? (For ST) Those are what I just grabbed, still wrapped in cellophane.
A-Online somehow got mentioned in ST FORMAT once or twice.
So thats who I am. (or was Smiley

Thanks AUTOMATION for all the fun cracks.....

711_dun_911.jpg (Attachment deleted)

What’s so FREE about FREE ENTERPRISE?

IP Logged

falkn
RoMzkiddiEz

Anybody seen my car keys?

Re: Introduce yourselves again
Reply #22 - 29.10.07 at 18:15:05
Print Post  
Additional info about Falkn.

I forgot to mention that I ran a BBS called "Dead Horse Cafe" for 2 years after
I ceased operations as "A-Online Atari."

I used an early 520 STf machine with a memory expansion of 2MB added to it.
(A trade in unit.)
The modem was a SUPRA 33kb version which, as I recall, was the fastest modem
the STf could support due to some kind of hardware bug.

What is remarkable about this is that the files were stored on an
IOMEGA 100MB ZIP DRIVE with scsi connector.
The interface was  an ICD SCSI adapter which was plugged directly into the Atari
ASCSI  port. (I forget the model of the device but it was the small beige box)
It contained files for ST, 8-bit, Amiga, and PC but anyone was welcome to donate.

Time was kept by a "Realtime Clock" cartridge plugged into the cartridge port.

The ST,s  BBS software was donated to me by one of my customers.
(Again, I cannot recall what its name was.)

The BBS required little maintenance by me and would reboot and restart itself after a
power outage. (Common here in Florida during Hurricane season due to the numerous
Lightning strikes and power line failures.)
That stuff is still around here somewhere.

A local television station sent a news crew (Jeff Patterson) here to do a story on me
and Atari shortly after the Jaguar was released.
They recorded about 45 minutes of video in my shop and after editing I was given
about 5 minutes on 2 newscasts that evening. I think it went to national feed also.
(Thanks to FORREST CARR the assistant news director who had purchased a
Falcon030 from me.)
The station is WFLA and it can be found on the net at   http://www.tbo.com ;   but I
doubt you will be able to view such an old news item.

I installed hundreds of memory upgrades beginning with a "Piggy Backing"  version
where ram chips were soldered onto the existing ram on the motherboard with some
minor rewiring of the first pin on each.
The job became much simpler when the assortment of new memory expansion boards
became available.

Some trivia here....I run NoSTalgia, the ST emulator for MACS and I have been able to
run PC DITTO (Software version) on it.   HAH!    An emulator, emulating an emulator.
Try it. Cool

fx9.jpg (Attachment deleted)

What’s so FREE about FREE ENTERPRISE?

IP Logged

aqua_hedgehog
RoMzkiddiEz

Reply #23 - 03.11.07 at 05:52:42
Print Post  
Hey, my name is Aqua the Hedgehog (my internet nickname at the least). I may not be old enough to have seen the 80's, but I have had an Atari ST for about 8 months in 2005. Feburary to October, when my ST had stopped working. The main reason I joined was because the Little Green Desktop's forums are down at the moment, but I might find some enjoyment posting here (but that doesn't mean I'll be a spam-bot or ever was one). I am like (most of) you; a human behind a computer typing these things. I am a real person who has used the glorious Atart ST. I know that the speech wasn't necessary, but you get the picture.

IP Logged

Heavy Stylus
Playtester

D-BUG Fanboi

Reply #24 - 06.11.07 at 11:31:09
Print Post  
Wow - I've been registered for a while and only just noticed this thread...

My name is James and I'm the editor of RGCD, a popular yet still-in-it's-infancy CD-based magazine dedicated to reviewing the latest homebrew releases for otherwise unsupported retro machines.  Other the years I've had (and sold) many computers - the Atari ST included - and I got into retro hardware a few years ago because I personally find modern computers souless and uninspiring.

I've just spent a small fortune buying an upgraded Atari STE for the soul purpose of playing D-Bug's HD fixes and recent titles by groups like Paradize.  This might not make sense to some of you (afterall, STEEM is a fantastic emulator), but as I discovered by buying a C64 for playing demos recently, you *really* cannot beat the experience of using vintage hardware.

Anyway, what else can I say?  I'm 28, married and have a 4 month old daughter.  Heavy Stylus is actually my DJ handle - I work most weekends playing oldschool hiphop, funk, soul, and reggae throughout the south west (well, Exeter, Plymouth and Bristol anyway), and my day job involves ordering bits of equipment to maintain the railway.  Interesting, huh?

I'm proud to have rejoined the Atari scene (although I'm not actually a scener), and hope to see the machine live on for many more years.  I just wish I had the time available to learn to code!

That's me done.
« Last Edit: 06.11.07 at 11:35:18 by Heavy Stylus »  

http://www.rgcd.co.uk
The Essential Discmag for Retro Gamers!

http://www.myspace.com/heavystylus
Usual myspace crap.

http://tinyurl.com/heavystylus
Facebook
IP Logged

Appollo
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #25 - 23.11.07 at 23:45:57
Print Post  
Appollo Here

It's been so long since i was involved with Atari I cannot even remember what I have left. All my old gear is in a box in the attic. I dumped the CM8833 after it died hooked up to my Nintendo machine.

It's all very grey but i recognize the names and it brings back a lot of good memories. Keep up the good work.

IP Logged

CJ
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug Founder

Reply #26 - 24.11.07 at 07:41:21
Print Post  
Welcome aboard Smiley

Great to hear from you again!

"With only one button, even drooling fucktards like Kizza can play our game!"

IP Logged

KrazyK
RoMzkiddiEz

Oh BUGger

Reply #27 - 08.01.08 at 15:40:15
Print Post  
Hi ppl,
I have recently dug out the STFM and will be setting it up permanently soon so i've been delving through my old disks.
All my 68k, GFA and Stos stuff, bits of disassembled games, ripped music, gfx, code, demos, menus are all waiting to be Pasti'd.
Very brief history:I started with ST Basic moving onto GFA then Stos then 68k and started cracking after that.
Moved onto doing the same thing on the PC after my last crack (Chaos Engine) and the ST has been in storage ever since but still works fine.  I just hope I can say the same for my disks after years in cupboards.  Only time will tell.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top