Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 RE: Playing Atari ST games on PSP (Read 6501 times)
CongealedWalrus
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

RE: Playing Atari ST games on PSP
30.07.08 at 21:59:35
Print Post  
Dear AtariMAESTROs,

I have a PSP slim and bought it especially and solely to play Atari ST games on a mobile platform.  However, it is a bugger to get anything to happen because it seems there are different versions of software, firmware, emulators and things and so emulation is not as easy as on a PC.

I am near as dammit to throwing the PSP in the sea and laughing like a drunken sailor!

I am looking for a good guide to getting Atari emulation to work, else we're gonna see if a PSP can swim..

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: Playing Atari ST games on PSP
Reply #1 - 01.08.08 at 07:43:32
Print Post  
Have you tried CaSTaway? There is a small guide there.

Otherwise I hope that PSP floats all the way to Greece and me passing by the port at that time Wink

IP Logged

CJ
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug Founder

Reply #2 - 01.08.08 at 08:20:08
Print Post  
I've heard the GPX2 is probably the best option for mobile emulation.  Don't have one myself tho.

"With only one button, even drooling fucktards like Kizza can play our game!"

IP Logged

CongealedWalrus
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #3 - 03.08.08 at 23:01:20
Print Post  
Thank you very much guys.  CaSTaway was the one that I was trying originally.  I will also try out GPX2 for sure.

I think I know what my error is due to.  I am getting no error message but the icon for the game (installed on the PSP) comes up as the file being corrupted.

I think that the error is due to me not keeping rigorously to the file structure that is required on the PSP.  I am going to read that guide and then re-install.  Will post here if I grow a brain and crack it!

thanks again,
« Last Edit: 03.08.08 at 23:01:55 by CongealedWalrus »  

IP Logged

CongealedWalrus
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #4 - 13.08.08 at 23:35:57
Print Post  
I still havent gotten round to fixing my problems with this.  I am useless at getting the important things done at the moment!

I will post here any progress that happens, when it happens  Sad
« Last Edit: 13.08.08 at 23:36:32 by CongealedWalrus »  

IP Logged

cb_
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #5 - 14.08.08 at 05:54:09
Print Post  
If you want to run anything that is not endorsed by Sony on your PSP you will have to downgrade the PSP firmware. Can be tricky with the slim model.

IP Logged

CongealedWalrus
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #6 - 15.08.08 at 23:36:34
Print Post  
Oh, that is what I was hoping that I could avoid  Undecided

Thanks for the info, its good to be clear about these things.  I may have to buy a fatter PSP to match my fat belly!

IP Logged

Saviour
Distributor

/|\ ATARI Freak

Reply #7 - 16.08.08 at 10:34:07
Print Post  
I really can recommend a GP2X for emulating old Consoles/Computers. I have one (F-100) myself and i donīt regret it. But you will have to get one fast or one from EBay because they suddenly stopped producing them! Sad
« Last Edit: 16.08.08 at 10:35:31 by Saviour »  

- /|\ ATARI Falcon030 with PhantomS - TOS 4.04 - 68882 FPU - 14 MB RAM - 800 MB internal IDE Harddisk - External CD-ROM - MagiC 6.2 - Jinnee 2.01 - NVDI 5.01 - HD Driver 8.13

IP Logged

CongealedWalrus
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #8 - 16.08.08 at 20:45:11
Print Post  
Saviour,

Sounds interesting, thank you, I will check that out right away just as a backup.

[EDITED: Just scoured the web]
And you are right, they are darn hard to find!  Whats wrong with the F200?
« Last Edit: 16.08.08 at 21:13:57 by CongealedWalrus »  

IP Logged

Saviour
Distributor

/|\ ATARI Freak

Reply #9 - 17.08.08 at 10:42:09
Print Post  
Nothing is wrong with it, itīs a great piece of hardware. The F200 has additional a touch-screen, a Digital Pad, a new soundchip for better Audio quality and it sadly lost itīs network chip (So you just can have network access to it over the separately available (more or less) "Cradle").

Even on the official german shop (where i bought it) forums they were very surprised, even the seller himself! And he is in good contact with GPH (Game Park Holdings). Now they figured out that GPH is secretly producing a new handheld-console and stopped producing and shipping the F-200īs.

The best with the GP2X is that you can use 2 standard AA Batteries (and not being locked on company-specific stuff), it has a SD-Card slot (same here) and there is a great and big community who still program/port great games for it and you can download them for free!

But i donīt know how much they are by now, maybe youīll have to wait until the successor comes out and is free of bugs. :/
« Last Edit: 17.08.08 at 10:50:16 by Saviour »  

- /|\ ATARI Falcon030 with PhantomS - TOS 4.04 - 68882 FPU - 14 MB RAM - 800 MB internal IDE Harddisk - External CD-ROM - MagiC 6.2 - Jinnee 2.01 - NVDI 5.01 - HD Driver 8.13

IP Logged

Saviour
Distributor

/|\ ATARI Freak

Reply #10 - 18.08.08 at 20:38:23
Print Post  
If you are really interested in buying a GP2X F200 (with touchscreen) you can get it here again for 170,- Euros. The German Shop where i bought mine just got some last Consoles, so they might be sold out soon.
I got a link for you (English Language set): http://www.gp2x.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/87/language/en?osC...

Hope i could help! Smiley

IP Logged

CongealedWalrus
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #11 - 03.09.08 at 22:13:09
Print Post  
Thank you very much Saviour!

Sorry, I havent checked this thread for a while because I have been playing my old Atari and trying to get some of the 18 year old floppies working!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top