D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Automation #030
27.04.12 at 18:56:30
Print Post  
http://d-bug.mooo.com/automenus.php?s=30&e=30

Haunted House by Paradox, Crack by LSD

Speedball by Image Works, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Exolon by Hewson, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Atax by Ramware, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Crack'ed by Atari, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Time Blast by Micro Value, Crack by Bob
« Last Edit: 27.04.12 at 18:57:00 by ggn »  

IP Logged

aktiv8
Distributor

D-BUGer

Re: Automation #030
Reply #1 - 28.04.12 at 18:20:50
Print Post  
Haunted House

Even more Paradox Pap!!!  Although entirely different to ST Protector and Fireblaster it is far from a polished game (or Demo going by title screen!).

Never since Michael Jackson moonwalk have I seen anything move so freakishly across the floor - I can't think of any other sprite that moves using just the trailing leg!

Terrible collision detection, no ability to duck the (ghastly) ghostly sprites and lose energy at a stupid rate and die when you still have some left - go figure!

Thank God for Speedball and Exolon to pick this menu up  Smiley

A_030_002.bmp ( 187 KB | Downloads )
A_030_002.bmp
A_030_003.bmp ( 187 KB | Downloads )
A_030_003.bmp

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #2 - 28.04.12 at 18:47:09
Print Post  
Speedball

I must admit I've mostly played Speedball 2 back in the day (and I've played that a LOT!) and because I got the first quite late, I never gave it a proper chance until now.

The formula is the same though. One pitch, 2 goal posts, grab the ball and send it to the opponent's post. No rules, no fouls, nothing. Beat the crap out of the goalkeeper and then shoot the ball? No problemo! Grab every icon you see along the way, it'll help you in various ways (some act as currency, so in the next match you can buy powerups, bribe the opposite coach, etc). There's no sense of dribble or controlling the ball with the feet as the player in possession of the ball keep it in his hands, so you have a lot of freedom in your movements. In the middle of the field there's also a pacman-like wrap zone where once the ball enters there, it appears on the other side. The playfield scrolls vertically only, so you can see most of the action more easily (in contrast with the second game which has horizontal scrolling too).

The game took me a bit to get accustomed to, but after that the game plays fine. Graphics and sound are nicely drawn and are not confusing. So all things considered, a fine game worthy of your time!

auto030_001.png ( 5 KB | Downloads )
auto030_001.png

IP Logged

Jake-Depression
Distributor

D-BUGer

Reply #3 - 28.04.12 at 20:34:21
Print Post  
Speedball is great if there is 2 players.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top