Jake-Depression
Distributor

D-BUGer

Down at the trolls
08.08.12 at 16:11:57
Print Post  
Down at the trolls
Not work in 4 meg STe. Tos 1.0 is ok.

(I donīt know if disk 2 is working or not. Itīs so little when packet using rar. Mayby someone can test.)

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: Down at the trolls
Reply #1 - 08.08.12 at 20:20:32
Print Post  
Just tested it on steem with TOS 1.62uk and 4mb. It actually ran and recognised disk 2 Smiley. Although some sprites had yellow backgrounds, maybe disk 1's dump is faulty? TOS 1.00uk also worked fine (with 2mb ram).

I tried running it in saint with stfm emulation and tos 1.00 and 1.02 but it wouldn't recognise disk 2 Sad. Maybe I'll try an older version, but in the meantime I can only assume that disk 1's dump is a bit faulty.

Also, about disk 2 packing down small... I guess it's mostly empty as it should probably only contain the levels. On another note, Jake can you try imaging the disks with MSA? Or is there copy protection in there?

In any case cheers for this dump - I've never seen this game before personally Smiley.

Edited:
I tried creating MSA images from the pastis, but I think the machine hit a protection routine Smiley

Edited:
I just remembered - this has been cracked by Shw in menu 179 with the title screen saying "realm of the trolls". I also see he was lazy and didn't file disk 2 properly so it needs a shit disk format Wink.
« Last Edit: 08.08.12 at 20:33:59 by ggn »  

IP Logged

Jake-Depression
Distributor

D-BUGer

Reply #2 - 09.08.12 at 02:20:35
Print Post  
Is Realm of the trolls same game than this? I read in web someone say it is differend game. Mayby he know it wrong then.

May disk will be faulty then. There is copy protection and disks a a-copy copied. My STe (4meg) bombs before goming playing game. I test tos 1.0 in Steem and i see these yellow backrounds too.

IP Logged

Shw
D-Bug member

D-Bug member

Reply #3 - 09.08.12 at 10:12:37
Print Post  
Yeah they are def the same game. I think skinhead/ics sent me the originals. Yeah I filed the first disk. The second was raw data. I may do a proper version sometime!

I don't think anyone else cracked this afaik

Shw

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top