ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Automation #017
18.04.12 at 16:59:23
Print Post  
http://d-bug.mooo.com/automenus.php?s=17&e=17

Magnetic Tank by Loriciel, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Indiana Jones by US Gold, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Spy vs Spy by First Start, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Tetra Quest by Microdeal, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Cybernoid by Hewson, Crack by Was (Not Was)

Tetris by Mirrorsoft, Crack by Was (Not Was)
« Last Edit: 19.04.12 at 20:55:34 by ggn »  

IP Logged

simonsunnyboy
Distributor

Rockabilly rulez!

Re: Automation #017
Reply #1 - 22.04.12 at 09:24:33
Print Post  
Cybernoid is a classic for me.

The game is a port from 8bit computers, notably the Amstrad CPC.

Cybernoid is an action game. The player controls a nice looking craft around a given path of rooms to collect stolen gem stones and blast the evil space pirates. (Hint: 5000 worth of gem stones, second score, for extra life per level.) There are 4 levels and it is entirely possible to complete the game without cheating.

For the difference, there is no scrolling and the craft follows gravity. The player constantly has to fire upward thrusters to maintain height. This adds a control challenge and the players has to be witty and good at the joystick to manoever around some obstacles.

Big plant and worm like enemies obstruct the path and fire hard at the player. 5 selectable weapons are at the player's disposal and they are really needed. There is no way to complete the game without using them.

Bombs, mines, shields, bouncers and seeking missiles can be selected and their supplies can be refilled with grey pods found in the pirate's caves. (Hint: Use the F1 to F5 keys to switch the weapons, number keys 1-5 on 8Bit)

The ST version has well drawn graphics with quite some detail, good sound effects and catchy title and high score musics. The action only slows down a bit if there are a lot of bullets and sprites on screen but most of the time, the game is fair and playable.

One of my personal favourites  Smiley
« Last Edit: 22.04.12 at 09:25:58 by simonsunnyboy »  

Cybernoid.png ( 49 KB | Downloads )
Cybernoid.png

Rock'n'Roll is the thing - Jerry Lee is the king!

Paradize Website: http://paradize.atari.org/
ST Offline Tournament: http://www.npoi.de/stot/
WWWGTalkICQ  
IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Re: Automation #017
Reply #2 - 22.04.12 at 10:30:55
Print Post  
Magnetic Tank

MOAR 8-bit ports!!!!

After 2D platform 8-bit game ports, we now present... Pseudo-isometric 3D platform games! Okay, the graphics and sound are nothing to write home about, but the game itself is interesting.

Your sprite can move around the screens which are connected with doors. Some of the doors are locked, and have a symbol above - you need to locate that symbol elsewhere around the screen and shoot it for the door to unlock. Now, there are platforms that are above the ground that the tank can't reach or is obstructed by them. To overcome this, you have to maneuver to some points at the map where the tank can lift itself higher and then steer to the platform you want. Some of them are tricky enough to try a few times as you have to steer with precision. There are also some tiles that act as an elevator. To add more challenge there's a clock ticking (in the form of tank energy of course).

I never managed to make much progress with this game, partly because you can die very easily (there are some vertical beams that if you touch, bzzzzzt instantly). Also, you can get trapped easily enough between tiles if you fall down by acciden, so you have to restart the game. Another irritating part is reaching a part of the map where you can't get out and can only go around in circles because you didn't open a door previously. So, building a map becomes essential, and since I never could be arsed to do that, I'll probably never play this game to the end.

Still, I keep trying from time to time Smiley.

auto017_001.png ( 7 KB | Downloads )
auto017_001.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top