Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Lotus 1 (Read 2370 times)
Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Lotus 1
02.05.13 at 16:22:14
Print Post  
OLD AND OUTDATED ZIP FILE, PLEASE CHECK FURTHER DOWN!!!!

Hi there.. 'Tis Qube!

This is the game:
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge...

Hacked and Cracked by yours truly.
In reply to your email, it was already filed however there was a random (well, deliberate to be fair!) access to a sector on the disk and this was loaded at $60000.

This version includes this file that wasn't a file i dont think?
Its HD runnable from any folder and runs in 512k (In sTeem anyhow)

Sorry for the max ramblings but I gotta get this down in one go lol before I forget!

Nearly ALL versions require it to be on floppy disk. most versions require the disk to be a specific format an some versions even run in 1meg? and nearly all 'jmp' the prot and the sector load.

Im in no way an expert at 68000 assembly and only have a limited knowledge on cracking games. I would like some info on sectored disks though, because although i can get the sectors into files i can't reload them without trashing MonST or the system itself Sad

This was done on a real STF because i actually own the game and didnt want to use a real game that cost £5 lol.

I need to learn from the best ... i.e you guys Wink on sectored disks if u have the time?

If you really need the source material and the other 'versions' i did or some info on HOW (Just to prove its not a ripped off crack)  let me know i'll email them

Ta for now, Qubez - over and out
« Last Edit: 08.05.13 at 12:32:07 by Qube »  

Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_Challenge.st ( 720 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Re: Lotus 1
Reply #1 - 02.05.13 at 16:32:41
Print Post  
This Lotus game needs a TT/030 falcon test and Tos2.06 check because A) I dont possess any machine other than a 1040STF and B) I don't trust emulators!!

Anyone can chat to me if they like regarding this - Catch me in the #Atariscne IRC channel.... (Under Qube/Qubez obviously Wink )

IP Logged

Jake-Depression
Distributor

D-BUGer

Reply #2 - 02.05.13 at 19:39:48
Print Post  
I can made quick Falcon and TT tests when i gome in home in this weekend...

IP Logged

Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #3 - 02.05.13 at 19:56:45
Print Post  
Thanks man, that'd be kool ... only got a lowly STF myself lol... not exactly cutting edge ST tech Wink

IP Logged

simonsunnyboy
Distributor

Rockabilly rulez!

Reply #4 - 03.05.13 at 15:31:24
Print Post  
Tested on my Falcon 030 with 14MB, FPU and TOS 4.02 with no results.

I get a black screen, ST-LOW compatible mode from desktop or not, I think I saw a glimpse of bombs too before it went black. The machine locks up.

You probably need more Falcon specific hardware initialisations before it works on it.

Rock'n'Roll is the thing - Jerry Lee is the king!

Paradize Website: http://paradize.atari.org/
ST Offline Tournament: http://www.npoi.de/stot/
WWWGTalkICQ  
IP Logged

Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #5 - 03.05.13 at 17:39:21
Print Post  
I think?? Its a timerB issue... basically when TimerB is used, it counts down to #0 then dies on a Falcon (I suspect a VBL timer issue as well!) Don't hold me to the timer issue, im no great expert at 68000 and have ltd knowledge and it could be nothing to do with it.

IP Logged

Jake-Depression
Distributor

D-BUGer

Reply #6 - 04.05.13 at 00:59:40
Print Post  
TT, 8 Meg, Nec Multisync 3d screen, floppydisc. (Alternate pressed so no other programs in memory.)

Your little text intro load ok. When i press space it load little, put black screen in and then load some more... Then it stopped loading and nothing. It keep only black.

IP Logged

Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #7 - 04.05.13 at 10:52:54
Print Post  
I might fore-go compatibility in favour of a plain ST hard drive version... The fact that the game is slightly buggy anyway can't help. I suppose the ULS version done for 1mb machines will cover anything I haven't done... although... I'm just toying with a High-Score saving routine starting at roughly $7bc?? (For the Boiler Room addicts) but a vector isn't the bst place to do this imho Undecided
« Last Edit: 04.05.13 at 10:56:03 by Qube »  

IP Logged

Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #8 - 04.05.13 at 12:13:19
Print Post  
Ok, admission time... there is a HUGE bug in it.... Run it as a PRG from the desktop and it dies badly?? run it from an auto folder an its fine?

IP Logged

Shw
D-Bug member

D-Bug member

Reply #9 - 07.05.13 at 15:12:29
Print Post  
REally busy at work at the moment

But it's Outline in a few days.. so I'll check it out then!!

Shw

IP Logged

Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Reply #10 - 07.05.13 at 18:40:53
Print Post  
No Prbs shw Wink

Actually written the save H-Scores routine and implemented it using Steem Debug.. various degrees of success. trouble is I can't get into the game code enough (yet) to alter the code after its placed. I can load my routine for saving and it stays present throughout the game but its the JMP out of the Lotus code into my own thats causing headaches! ... Ill work on it Wink

IP Logged

Qube
RoMzkiddiEz

D-BUGer

Re: Lotus 1 - HD with SAVE ROUTINE
Reply #11 - 08.05.13 at 12:41:12
Print Post  
A more complete version of Lotus 1

a few notes...

I wrote the Hi-Score saver into 1mb mem so its now only a 1mb version but its still Hard Disk installable.

I will probably write the saver into 512k mem when i get around to it and add stuff like the manual and a README text file regarding it.

For now... Either START it write-protected or Write enabled.
If it tries to save on a write-protected disk it will only access the save routine once and never again; saves on disk accesses.

Yes it does a LOT of loading prior to the black screen at the start but this can be altered by pre-loading it all in the TOS file.

ONLY USE .TOS and NOT .PRG it'll crash horribly if you do. (This is also true of the original which is buggy for some reason) ..

Hope you enjoy  Cool
P.S Kill the 'SCORES.SCR' file and it will be re-written.

LOTUS_1.MSA ( 465 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

sn00py
Distributor

Sourcerer

Reply #12 - 01.01.14 at 23:13:11
Print Post  
Best or only version I have of Lotus 1  that loads quick and fast is the BBC version, sadly their menu is a bit glitchy on the STe and sometimes crashes.

Great game though!

Has this been confirmed working on the Falcon now?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top