STQUIZZ (Read 4612 times)
Marskilla
RoMzkiddiEz

STe FOREVER !

STQUIZZ
14.05.10 at 15:24:12
Print Post  
Hi There,

I started a new project on my own : STQUIZZ. Up to here the program is about 75% ready.

As a young father (and of course without free time), to mimimize the coding time, I made it in STOS, and therefore the program is technichally very weak.

I've no time to maintain the synchro for a team realisation, I do it alone. It's obvious the result will be less interesting than picrossST, the last project I worked on.

about 75% of the program is ready (there is a french preview here http://stquizz.free.fr ). But I can feel my motivation disappear as the biggest part of work is to come (the questions and the english translation).

So i'd like to have your opinion on what's made so far.

The idea is to have the less bitmap possible for stquizz to work on a 512k machine. I've taken the option of digitized sounds.

Also, I am a BAD musician.

the game is played this way : the question is displayed then the 1 to 4 players have to use their buzzers to answer, then the answers appear. A good answer give the point a bas one take them of the player score.

So do you think it's worth that I keep on working on it or is it dispendable ?

MarsKilla

IP Logged

sh3-rg
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

reservoir reboot

Re: STQUIZZ
Reply #1 - 14.05.10 at 15:30:54
Print Post  
hehe, I'd like to see this Smiley

I had the same idea but stimpy didn't fancy trying to make them work on the Falcon for me...

my idea was to take screen shots, video & chip tunes from the ST & mods/ace tracks etc form the falcon & have general knowledge questions in text form also... have a round where a picture displays blocky & slowly displays more & more details, just straight 'guess the music quickest', round where you all press answers but the correct ones are only revealed afterwards, one at a time, for fun seeing who made lame choices Tongue Lots of other ideas & no time to even start work on it beyond making notes in my book. I would obviously have used STOS, too, as it's the best for quickly making lotech proggies, but with the Falcon extension. Then there would have been no limit to the number of images/audio files etc that could be included. From a code perspective, it would have been pretty simple, it was the techy stuff making the PS Buzzers work that put me off from even starting - without these it didn't seem much fun, just pressing A B or C on a jagpad... I wanted the light & the 4 coloured buttons Smiley

I'll check the game so far & post again over the weekend when I've looked.

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #2 - 14.05.10 at 22:41:06
Print Post  
Ok, I've looked at the vid!

I hear you, the part of data entry is BORING! But, if you can have the text with the questions and data as external files, the game can be expanded easily, so many more people can help!

All in all I think there's lots of potential in there, keep it up Smiley

IP Logged

Christos
Distributor
Reboot Member

D-BUGer

Reply #3 - 15.05.10 at 00:14:34
Print Post  
Yeah! I'd love to make a physics quiz out of this!

IP Logged

Marskilla
RoMzkiddiEz

STe FOREVER !

Reply #4 - 15.05.10 at 11:20:05
Print Post  
ggn wrote on 14.05.10 at 22:41:06:
Ok, I've looked at the vid!

But, if you can have the text with the questions and data as external files, the game can be expanded easily, so many more people can help!

Indeed, that's the idea... The questions specs are defined (theme, points, 2 question lines, answer 1, answer 2, answer 3, answer 4, good answer, image x1, image y1, image x2, image y2).

As a matter of fact the question editor is done. It uses STOS SQUASHER to compress the memory banks and save them. It can also print the questions to help to organize the existing question.

But it's not a finished product, just a devlopping utility :

The idea is to have a memory bank included in the exectuable (for the executable being playbale stand alone) then to release few questions files and then to produce a more elaborated question creation tools.

The games should be able to pick a random existing question bank.

Christos wrote on 15.05.10 at 00:14:34:
Yeah! I'd love to make a physics quiz out of this!

Well, there will be many categories those so far : movies, video games, geometry, music, litterature...

I'l try to think about physics questions...  Grin

MarsKilla

IP Logged

ggn
D-Bug member
Reboot Member

D-Bug debugger

Reply #5 - 15.05.10 at 11:35:50
Print Post  
Marskilla wrote on 15.05.10 at 11:20:05:
I'l try to think about physics questions...

Just send the editor to Chris, he's a physics post-grad student Wink

And anyway, if you want any demoscene/crack scene oriented material inside, I'm sure we can help Smiley

IP Logged

simonsunnyboy
Distributor

Rockabilly rulez!

Reply #6 - 21.05.10 at 20:27:58
Print Post  
Looking forward to this one! New games for ST are so rare these days....

Maybe you could do a proper editor so players can create their own question sets later?

Rock'n'Roll is the thing - Jerry Lee is the king!

Paradize Website: http://paradize.atari.org/
ST Offline Tournament: http://www.npoi.de/stot/
WWWGTalkICQ  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top